Effective date: October 17, 2022
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data – usually text files – placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device when you use that device to access certain sites. A cookie can help a site provider to understand how their site is used, store site preferences, or remember a user’s log-in details.
- Recognize your web browser
- Tell us how and when you visit and use our Services
- Analyze trends
- Learn about our user base
- Operate and improve our Services.
Who Sets the Cookies When I Use April’s Site(s)?
There are two main types of cookies that can be set:
- First-party cookies: These are cookies that are placed and read by April directly when you use our services.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies set by third parties, not April, that have placed their own cookies on your device(s).
What Types of Cookies Does April Use?
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Can I opt out?
Yes. You can manage or opt out of cookies through our Privacy Preference Center banner, with the exception of those cookies that are essential to provide you with our Services.
You can also decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some of the Services and functionalities may not work.